AIM: BRINGING THE TEACHINGS DOWN TO OUR DAILY LIVES AS WE GROW
1. What are the things people usually assume could make them qualify to become Christians, but which cannot? Acts10.
Ans: Perhaps you are thinking of someone who assumes that by saying the words, “I believe on Jesus,” they become a Christian. Just saying the words doesn’t qualify one to become a Christian, as just noted Perhaps you are thinking of someone who thinks that attendance in a church, or, giving money to a church, or participating in various church programs are enough to be considered a Christian in God’s eyes. These alone would not qualify one as a Christian
2. Narrate briefly your personal experience of the New Birth.
Ans: New birth is a process of turning away from your old ways and living a Christ like life.
My new birth came as a result of me accepting Christ as my lord and savior and handling my life into his hand
3 Definitely, you would have heard about the gospel of our lord Jesus Christ before the day you finally’ surrendered to Him. Enumerate the factors that did not allow you to give your life the first time you were preached to?
Ans: My number factor of not giving my life to Christ when I was first preached to is
1. Not knowing the consequences of not giving my life to Christ
2. Thinking that I am too young to be judged by God
3. Not understanding the kind of blessing that believers in Christ have opportunity to
4. Now that you are born again, what have you been enjoying as a Christian which was never experienced before?
Ans: Good Health, Mercy, Blessings and Success
5. Whenever temptation invariably leads to sin, what should your attitude be at that instance as a child of God?
Ans: 1. I will try to retrace my self to the cross in which Christ die for me so that I might be free.
2. Having the spirit of boldness to confront the devil
3. Having an understanding that sin is the part way to hell
6. What is your relationship with God now that you are new and how does God see you?
Ans: He sees me like a sheep which was lost in the wilderness and now found by his shepherd
7. How do you relate with your old pals and yet to be saved relations
Ans: I speak more of Christ to them and I let them know what is waiting them in Christ which the devil can not offer to the.
I don’t longer share ideals with them because we are not one and we can’t be equally yoke together unless they repent.
8. What are the major differences between you and your unsaved friends now that you are saved? IPeter2:9.
Ans: I now enjoy peace, happiness, love, divine blessing and unmerited favour which I know the devil can’t provide for his followers
I now have an assurance to make heaven by his grace.
9. Write down the order in which the books of the Bible appear and their abbreviations.
1 Samuel 1 Sam.
2 Samuel 2 Sam.
1 Kings 1 Kings
2 Kings 2 Kings
1 Chronicles 1 Chron.
2 Chronicles 2 Chron.
Song of Solomon Song
1 Corinthians 1 Cor.
2 Corinthians 2 Cor.
1 Thessalonians 1 Thess.
2 Thessalonians 2 Thess.
1 Timothy 1 Tim.
2 Timothy 2 Tim.
1 Peter 1 Pet.
2 Peter 2 Pet.
1 John 1 John
2 John 2 John
3 John 3 John
10. How biblical is the reading of the Psalms as the only book of the Bible?
Ans: The Bible needs to be read as a whole. The Psalms is one of 66 books, all of which have equal importance.
11. Your teacher will suggest to you what chapter of the Bible to read. Read till something strikes you and then meditate on it. Write down the thought that comes to you. Cover two or three different points that strikes you
12. Write a very short prayer on anyone of these types of prayers following the
guideline we have in The Lord’s prayer:
Thanksgiving: Dear God, Thank you for your amazing power and work in our lives, thank you for your goodness and for your blessings over us. Thank you for your great love and care. Thank you for your sacrifice so that we might have freedom and life. Forgive us for when we don’t thank you enough, for who you are, for all that you do, for all that you’ve given. Help us to set our eyes and our hearts on you afresh. Renew our spirits, fill us with your peace and joy. We love you and we need you, this day and every day. We give you praise and thanks, for You alone are worthy! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Intercession: O Lord God omnipotent, I beseech Thee by the Precious Blood, which Thy divine Son Jesus shed in the
Garden, deliver the souls in purgatory, and especially that one which is the most forsaken of all, and bring it into Thy glory,
where it may praise and bless Thee for ever. Amen.
supplication: Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have given me relief when I was in distress
Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!
Petitions: Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen.
13. Does baptism wash away our sins in the water? Yes or No, Discuss
Ans: Many christian all over the world believes that when you are baptized it signify washing away of sin but the bible made it clear that Jesus was not baptized to wash away sins he set an example that Christian should follow his steps
[1 peter 2:22]”Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in his mouth”; [1 peter 3:18]
Jesus’ blood washes away sins not baptism [1John 1:7]”But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have
fellowship with one anothe, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son
cleanses us from all sin.
14. To speak in tongues is a demonstration that you have arrived as a Christian. Yes or No? No
15. Write down at least 5 points on speaking in tongues as recorded in 1 Cor. 14.
Ans: 1“Tongues” were real languages.
2. Speaking in tongues is not supposed to be a mystical exercise that bypasses the mind.
3. It is wrong to allow the church service to become chaotic.
4. Tongues are a sign to unbelievers
5. In other for you to speak in tongues in church, you need an interpreter so that the church can be edified
16. Write all the modes we can use for Personal Evangelism?
1. Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
2. Good Bible Material (Tracts, publications such as Carolina Messenger, etc)
3. Personal Conversation.
4. A Simple Invitation to Services.
5. Spending Time with Those who are Lost.